This one-bowl Funfetti cake recipe has very quickly become the go-to cake in my house and for good reason. It comes together in a flash, no breaking out the mixer, and it’s delicious! Super tender, great vanilla flavor, and lots of what everyone’s looking for – sprinkles!
I bake most of my sheet cake recipes in my absolute favorite rectangular cake pan which you can find here with my Amazon affiliate link: Sheet Cake Pan.
My recipe posts are short and sweet, because I know what you’re after. We can chat later, it’s time to bake!
One-Bowl Funfetti Sheet Cake
- 3 cups cake flour extra flour or all-purpose flour for pan
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup rainbow sprinkles or sprinkles in your favorite colors
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 9 x 13″ sheet cake pan
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray and flour a 9 x 13-inch baking pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sprinkles.
- In a smaller bowl or large glass measuring cup, whisk together the sugar, buttermilk, whole milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk to combine.
- Bake, rotating the pan halfway through baking, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean or with a few crumbs clinging to it, 25-30 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to a rack to cool completely before frosting or storing. Cake can be stored wrapped at room temperature for up to three days.